Friday, April 24, 2009

And it finally came to an end....



Well today is my last day. It was so exciting to end the internship with a Photo shoot at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown. The shoot was held on the 2nd floor of the Sheraton on an outside terrace. I went over there around 3 and watched how they set up and get the talent ready for the shoot. I never realized how time consuming it really was to take a few pictures.

When I got there, the 14 individuals that were hired on for the talent for the shoot were getting their hair and makeup done, along with finding the right outfits for the shoot! I wish my closet had as many clothing articles as the stylist brought over. I mean there were hundreds of clothes. One the talent was finished with hair and makeup, the stylist got the clothes steamed so there were no wrinkles and made sure that they were pressed. Once the talent was dressed, they had to either stand straight up for the next couple of hours or if they did sit down they were not allowed to cross their legs. Wow that must be pretty uncomfortable. My feet were hurting by the end of the shoot and I can’t imagine how the talent was feeling.

So around 4:30-5pm the talent was put into place and the photographer and the designer placed the talent around and snapped hundreds of shots to make sure that they found the perfect placing for the shoot. Once they found the perfect placing (2 hours later), they were ready for the shoot. They had to make sure the talent was in the right place and also that they had the perfect lighting that they wanted.

There was a lot more to it but that is the gist of it. Overall it was a great experience and I’m glad I got to end it on that.

Well I hope everyone has a good few weeks left before graduation.

See you all on May 15th.

Nikki

1 comment:

  1. OMG Nikki that sounds so cool, and your done! Congrats girl, it was great to follow your experieve of the blog. Sounds like you learned and experienced alot! Keep in touch with me and keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete