Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Busy Bee at Work!

So last week was a very interesting and busy week. I worked a lot with resorts in the valley and throughout Arizona getting contact names and getting our files up to date. One of the things that I was working on was making sure we had the correct contact name for individuals at resorts that would receive sale leads. This was interesting because I was able to talk to a lot of different people that were in the position that I one day would like to be in, Director of Sales and Marketing. That would be ideal for me.

This was a time consuming project that carried over to this week and now I am finally done with it. Not only was it a time consuming project but it also gave me an opportunity to network and work on my verbal communication skills. I feel that verbal and written communication can make or break you. In order to be successful you need to know how to communicate with others.

Other than that last week went by very fast. As an ongoing task I do everyday, I have been updating events, photos and information for CVB members also. I definitely can say that I have learned a lot in these short weeks and feel that I have definitely gotten my foot in the right door by doing an internship with the CVB and it has been very beneficial.

Keep in touch!


Nikki


3 comments:

  1. I agree with your comment on verbal skills! I have been updating some of our list and had to call numerous companies. I must say I am excited to see your new website, having seen the new Scottsdale one it will be interseting and exciting to see what you roll out in the coming months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that you mention how your communications skills can make or break you. I also talked about the importance of excellent communications in my last blog. Every company requires it, and its dumbfounding to know how many lack it. Hopefully you can begin your career by developing a relationship with one of your contacts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing opportunity!!! It is so fun when a minuscule task like updating contacts turns into an awesome opportunity to network and learn a little more about what is out there. I think it is great that you know what you ideally would like to do when you grow up ;). Now all that has to happen is that the economy has to pick up and then we can all get great jobs after college.

    ReplyDelete