Tuesday, January 20, 2009

First Week of a New Life!


Good Morning Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year because I know I did. Well to start off with, I just recently started my Internship with the Great Phoenix Convention and Visitor Bureau Monday January 12, 2009. I am working in the Marketing Department as the Intern and I am expecting to learn a ton throughout the next four months.

To start off with the first week, there was a lot of housekeeping to be done. Before I could really get into any large projects, I needed to learn how the Marketing Department within the CVB works. I learned how to update the website, mail out any information that the CVB offers to their members/clients or individuals just acquiring information about the Great Phoenix Area and many other simple office tasks.

One of my duties for the first week was to set up informational interviews with other Directors with the CVB and learn exactly what they do here. I found these to be great. One of the interviews I had was with an individual who works in the exact department I am wanting to work in and they gave me a ton of information and really got me thinking about how I want to get into a position such as they are holding.

Not only have I done that, but last Friday I worked over at the Phoenix Convention Center an was a vendor for the Rock N Roll P.F. Chang’s Marathon. All thanks to the CVB. I am already headed down the right track.

Keep in touch. There will be more to come :)

Nikki

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki,
    How awesome is it that you've gotten to do so many cool events already! I probably will miss Arizona (friends and weather), but I am excited to head off to California soon. The internship seems to fall directly in line with my future career goals =)

    Tell Marcus and Niko hi for me!

    ReplyDelete