Thursday, January 22, 2009

Networking is everything!


Hi Everyone! So I am almost done with my second workweek here at the Greater Phoenix Convention and Visitor Bureau. I have already learned so many great things within this short period of time. There really has not been too much excitement around the office but I was given a great opportunity this morning to go to a meeting held by the Marketing Department (which I intern for) at a local resort here in Phoenix. Attendees to this meeting included the Directors of Marketing and Directors of Sales at local resorts here in the valley. This was wonderful for me because I was able to network myself with these few individuals in an area that I would love to get into, Hospitality and Marketing (perfect).

As weird as this may sound, I actually got this idea for a website while sitting in the meeting and listening to participants discuss their pros and cons about what is out there right now and what they would like to see as far as internet and such. So with that said, I think this is something that I should really look into. I have always liked to try out new things and see how far I can push my limits so this definitely will be a limit pusher considering I really know very little about website construction. Oh well, I will just have to see were things take me.

But as for next week I really am not sure what is all in store for me but we will definitely have to see!

Keep in touch!

Nikki

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki, so I left a message and then somehow removed it, sorry about it, I am new at the blogs :p Anyway I am very excited to hear about your internship and see how similar ours may be since I am at the Mesa CVB. Sounds like you ahve been busy, keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki!! That is so amazing, good luck with that and everything else. Networking is everything, good thing I know you! Keep your ears open and let me know if you hear anything that I would love! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so excited to get to work with you at GPCVB! It's great to have someone I know in a different department so that I kind of get a glimpse at other aspects of what the CVB can do. Look forward to the weeks ahead of us!

    ReplyDelete