Thursday, January 29, 2009

Time Flies on Intern Row


So as I come to a close to my third week of working at the Greater Phoenix Convention and Visitor Bureau I think about how quickly these last three weeks have gone by. It’d hard to believe that I only have 11 weeks left and then it's time for the real world.

During this last week, I have found that I am starting to get the hang of what it means to be a marketing intern with the GPCVB (as many of you might not know, that stands for the Greater Phoenix Convention and Visitor Bureau. I will be using this sporadically throughout my blogs.) This last week I have gained more responsibility as I am now dealing with more aspects of the website including uploading and photoshopping photos for the members and the local businesses here in the Greater Phoenix Area. Not only that, but I have also been dealing a little more with the Prop 302 projects and helping out my supervisors as much as possible whenever needed. As for those of you that are following other classmates blogs, you may have observed the fact that I have three other classmates interning right along side me in what is known as Intern Row (a bunch of computer cubicals in a room where all the interns have a place to call their own.) I have Alexis who is the Travel Industry Sales Intern, Natalie who is the Housing Intern and Diana who is the Membership Intern (part-time). Everyone is great and we all have one goal in common, to help make the CVB successful during these troubling economic times! Who could ask for a better team? :)

I know that interning can seem like tedious work and even boring work at times, but I have found that no matter how tedious something maybe or even how boring something maybe, you always have to do it 110% because those little things may make a BIG difference in the long run.

With that said, I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys the FBR Open and watching the Cardinals in the Super Bowl on Sunday. Oh and don’t forget, have a FABULOUS weekend! Maybe I’ll see some of you out on the greens.
Keep in touch!
Nikki

1 comment:

  1. I agree. You always want to fully commit to your task, because a great impression and outdoing yourself can determine a long term position with your employer. I am not familiar with Prop 302. What is it? Are they having you do anything for the NBA?

    ReplyDelete