Monday, February 9, 2009

Research is everything...

Well it has been a complete month now at the Great Phoenix CVB and it’s hard to believe that I am starting my 5th week. So last week was kind of a slow week in the Marketing department. There really were not that many projects to work on so I did a lot of research on the CVB’s competition which was perfect because the assignment that was due on Sunday was all about competition. That is really something that I have learned about marketing, it’s not all about making an advertisement look pretty in order to sell a product (even though that has a lot to do with it), but you also have to do a ton of research to see what others are doing so you can be one step ahead of them so your product it more marketable. Other than that, nothing new and exciting has happened.

In the past week, I have also found myself undergoing additional research that doesn’t involve the Greater Phoenix CVB. Instead involving my future. With this internship just flying by, I have started research future jobs that are of interest to me. Even though I have just started, I have already come to the realization that I would love a job in the marketing field especially in the Tourism industry. With the contacts I have made in the marketing departments at local resorts here in the Greater Phoenix Area, I am doing research and putting my resume and contact information out there.

Keep in touch,

Nikki

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good Nikki!! I'm in the same spot, ive been doing a lot of work that really is not for my major either but you gotta do what you gotta do! Good Luck girl!

    ReplyDelete