Thursday, April 2, 2009

What I've learned!

Well the site visit was successful with Sara Owen and now I know what I need to work on and what I need to accomplish over the next couple of weeks remaining here at the CVB. For the homework assignment, “Action Plan”, my major concern was that I wasn’t getting enough work and I felt that my skills were not being taken advantage of. So for my action plan, I put together a list of things that I wanted to get out of the remaining weeks.

One important thing that was discussed was networking. I have worked a lot with different companies and have gotten to get to know some of the people that I worked with. This is a great opportunity for me and I just need to maintain the relationships so in the future if something comes up I might be considered for it. Also in my action I talked about how I was going to try and get together with my supervisor and the rest of the department and get some insight from them as to how I would further my experience in the Marketing World and what I could do to improve myself so I would be a better candidate for a position.

It was interesting with we did “Offer a Solution” because my major concern was that the marketing intern does not have enough things to do to keep them busy for the full 40 hours for 14 weeks requirement through the school. It was interesting because right away I approached the situation as an opportunity for me to help out other departments and get to know them just like I have gotten to know the marketing department. This has been a major success because not only do I have a ton of things to do, but I am also broadening my horizons as to what I might want to do in the future.

Well that’s it for now. More to come tomorrow!

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment